Tek Sci Corporate Values
Tek Sci values skill, attitude and integrity.
- Skill is the fundamental value of Tek Sci. Because we are skilled, we can provide mutual benefit and demonstrate professionalism.
- External:Everybody at Tek Sci is skilled at their specialty. We select employees who have perform 1-2 standard deviations above the mean at their specialty. We do not select "the best" special effects artist -
our videos do not require eye-popping spectacles. We do require solid performers who can consistently generate professional results.
- Internal:The ability to function in a team is essential to working at Tek Sci. You must be able to trust other specialists in their fields.
- Attitude We decide on actions that will benefit all parties. We seek to provide quality products with available resources- not the cheapest and the fastest. We constantly learn to improve at our specialities. We use
our skills to benefit our immediate clients and the community.
- Integrity We are professional because we are honest about what we can deliver, do our best at our jobs, and (when things go wrong) do all we can to make it right again. We are honest when we present benefits to clients.
We do not present spurious (but perhaps convincing) arguments to manipulate clients or others at Tek Sci to do actions we have deemed "for their own good."
Tek Sci does not value:
- Consensus-building:We do not require every employee to agree on every edit and word of narration.
- Short term profits: We will never sacrifice long-term mutual benefit for short term gains.
- Prioritizing of groups: We do not put the employee first, the customer first or the business first. We recognize that excessively prioritizing one group
deprives the other groups of mutual benefits. We recognize that long-term success depends on building relationships that will benefit all parties.
- Persuasiveness: We despise the slick salesman who can sell ice to Eskimos.
- Diversity: We do not value differences for the sake of being different. Tek Sci is a meritocracy. Diversity is only valuable if the different insights from a different background
leads to a better product.